- Layered Soup – more than brodo
- Strawberry Hill Fiddlers, Sunday, January 25th, 2015, at 3 p.m.
- American Standards/Jazz SWINGTIME DUET 10/19 from Saugerties Pro Musica
- Ferncliff Fire Tower hike is a perfect way to start the day
- Wedding Bills – does having more disposable income mean gays have to throw it away?
Tag Archives: colombia
It occurred to me the other day that is exactly what my job is: travel the globe to first-class destinations featuring the finest cuisine. I stay in the best rooms of four-star hotels, enjoying the spas and other amenities. Then … Continue reading
NEWS STORY: Escalator opens up hillside slums In many urban areas of Latin America it is the poor that populate the hillsides. In Rio the ghettos, called favelas, are contained, almost barricaded, separate from the affluent city dwellers below. One, … Continue reading
On a recent trip to South America I nearly got into trouble with the TSA Customs folks over, of all things, a knife. First, some background. Last September I was invited to the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). They included … Continue reading